Stafford student Alfie Hardy got the surprise of his life when police dropped into his school to reward him.
Alfie, seven, gave up his annual advent calendar in the lead up to Christmas and decided to do a random act of kindness each day.
The acts of kindness included:
- donating his unwanted toys to hospital children’s ward
- Leaving candy canes on all the cars on a car park.
- Leaving a thank you note for the bin men.
- He left a treat for the town police and fire stations.
- Gave a lottery ticket to a stranger.
Mrs Hardy said
“We did quite a lot of them on Christmas Eve after preparing all of the things we needed.
“We dropped a treat outside the police station because it was closed and hoped for the best.”
Alfie was in his classroom at Castlechurch Primary School when two police community support officers walked in.
His proud mum added
“Gratitude is important.”